Monday, November 10, 2008

3 Daughters for 3 Days

Some good friends of ours were moving and needed to take a trip out to do some house hunting. So I offered to keep their three girls with me. Abbey, Ashton, and Sadie. We LOVE their girls and it was a great time having them with us.



Here's Brenner dressed up in Ashton's sweater. He looks like a little Jedi.

The school was having their annual Harvest Party (Halloween party), and even though I decided not to haul all the kids, some other friends took the two older girls and Parker. Abbey the beautiful witch and Ashton the Spa treatment.


That left me with three four year olds and Brenner, so we decided to have a "Little Kid Party". Brenner got a little slide for his birthday and the kid went crazy on it! They went sliding forward, backwards, upside, and sideways. And they all loved it!
We also ate candy corn and watched a movie. It was lots of fun!



On Friday there was no school, so I asked the girls what was something they wanted to do before leaving Omaha. They said they wanted to go to the zoo again. So we headed to the zoo and I asked them what their favorite things to see were and we went to them all.


My cute children (for a few days).


We had a great time with the girls and I teased Wayne that after all his complaining about girls he loved having them here. He said, "But they're different girls." I think exceptional is the word he was looking for, and I have to agree with him there. We will miss them a TON!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Marissa and Wayne, We can't thank you enough for taking our girls for those three days--and for making it so fun for them at a time that was otherwise quite stressful. You are dear friends and we love you so much. It's a blessing to know you! We miss you all. Love, Jill and James