I forgot to put some things in the posts I just did, so here's some extra news for those who aren't up to date with it:
-We are no longer in our apartment. When we moved to Illinois, we were in a 2bd, 2ba.,1100 sq.foot apartment while we looked for a place to live. We thought we'd be there 6 weeks, and after 6 months! we found a great house in a town about 20 miles down the road. I don't have pictures of our new house yet, but I will post some soon.
-We are in a different town now and a different ward, actually it's a branch. Our town is about 4,000 people. But we're only 6 miles down the road from a big town (over 100,000). Moving towns relocated us into a small branch, which is very different for me, but takes Wayne back to his roots.
-When we were looking at this house, the boys saw the school (which is right down the street) and they asked if they could go back. I hesitated because I had felt strongly about homeschooling. Parker explained that homeschooling was boring and I wasn't as fun as school. So we began to pray about putting them back in and in reverse fashion, instead of a million reasons coming to my mind of why I should keep them out, a million came of why they should go back. So the boys are back in school. I'm sad in many ways and my pride is pricked--feeling like I failed, but the boys are very happy in school and I've been very impressed with this school as well. We feel good about it, but I'm not giving up with the option of homeschooling in the future.
I hope I didn't miss anything this time.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you in praying and listening to the Spirit. Who knows (other than the Spirit) which course of educating your kids is the best. Maybe public school right here and now is best. Maybe next year it will be homeschooling. Yeah for the Spirit's guidance. I'm glad your boys are happy. Enjoy the extra hours in the day.
Post a Comment