Monday, September 29, 2008

The Verdict is...

a healthy baby!

We had our ultrasound today, unfortunately it is rather anti-climactic. The baby was not cooperating and was turned backwards the whole time (meaning the back and bum were at the front of my stomach). The doctor pushed and prodded, but the baby wouldn't turn. So the doctor couldn't get any good pictures and we weren't given any. The doctor also wasn't happy with the view of the heart he was getting, so I'll go back in 8 weeks and we'll try again.

Wayne was determined to know the sex of the baby and I don't want to so we compromised. Wayne took in a piece of paper with the words "boy" and "girl" written on it and a security envelope. Wayne asked the doctor to circle one and put the paper in the envelope. Wayne will be allowed to look at the paper tonight on his way to Missouri for the week. He is not allowed to reveal it to me or anyone else! So don't try bribing him--Mom. ;-) I don't think I'll hold out to the end, but it'll be fun as long as I can. The doctor did also tell Wayne he wasn't completely sure of the sex because the baby wasn't cooperating, but he said he was "pretty sure". So we still may all be surprised.

So until we get pictures, or I break down and ask Wayne what the paper said, just know everything looks great with our baby so far. YEAH!

3 comments:

lovely laurie said...

Ohhhh, I'm with Wayne....girl or boy? Just gotta know! Glad you are doing well, and I love Brenner's messes. Mollie's 6 and still making messes like that!

The Cook Fam said...

oh man! I want to know too!!! Well if you cave in soon let us know!!! I don't do well having to wait on these things!

Melissa said...

Hey, hope you don't mind-- I was block stalking and thought I had better leave a comment. Cute blog- I love the cute pictures of Brenner and so did Makenna-- she was staring at them for a while and then said "wait a second, is that guy Brenner?"