We decided to visit my Aunt Lani in Sheriden on the way back. (Ok, so technically we just used her for her house and cinnamon rolls, but it was still nice to see them for one night.) This is what the road looked like going to her house.
And since we didn't already have enough driving we decided to take a little detour and see Mount Rushmore.
A moment of brotherly love.
We didn't stay long, but enjoyed the stop. There's a lot of stuff around Mt. Rushmore and we decided it might be fun to go back sometime.
All things considered the boys were EXCELLENT on this long trip. (Thank goodness for car DVDs.)
It was nice to have some time as a family away from everything, but we were all ready to get back home. That's the way to end a trip, right?
4 comments:
looks like a fun trip....I remember going to Yellowstone with my family when I was a kid and I remember being in the car a LOT....good times though! The boys are getting so big!
Looks like it was a long but fun trip. Good for you for doing it.
I've been gone the past two week so am just now getting caught up. Looks like you had a great trip being gone as well. I remember the days of long road trips with kids WITHOUT car DVD players but also without seatbelts. No desire to go back to those days.
Looks like you had lots of fun. But I understand your feeling of wanting to be home. We just finished an 11 day trip too, and wow, traveling with small kids in the car for that long is no fun. Even with the DVD's they still had a hard time... maybe because Hailey is too young to care about movies just yet.
Post a Comment