Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hyrum's Blessing Day

We blessed Hyrum this past Sunday. He looked so cute! We originally thought we would be blessing him in Illinois, but since we had to delay our move we were able to do it here. It was great to be here to share this day with the wonderful friends we've made. Wayne's parents also came up. We almost thought they wouldn't make it when a big snow storm headed toward Kansas City. But they quickly changed plans and came a day early to beat the storm. We were very happy they did.

Our family ready to head to church.


Our cute little baby.


Later I was trying to get Hyrum to smile for a picture and this is how I did.


I finally gave up and Wayne decided he wanted to show me how "easy" it is to get Hyrum to smile. This is what Wayne got.


So then I tried to make my voice deep like Wayne's (thinking that must be what the difference is). It got me smiles and funny looks from Wayne, but Hyrum was unimpressed. So is it my face? I guess I don't blame my boys for liking their Dad so much. I think he's quite great myself.


It was also our last regular Sunday in our ward. I had many tearful goodbyes, but the most came when my senior Primary kids lined up to hug me goodbye. One girl even broke down in tears. I've truly loved working with the Primary children and teaching them gospel principles and truths through the songs we sing. I will miss them.

We all will miss this ward terribly. We have made such dear friends here and we feel so connected to everyone. It's a great ward and we would definitely move back if the opportunity arose. Thank you Cottonwood!

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

Loved all the pictures of Hyrum, smiling and not. He looks like he belongs. And Marissa, you are looking great!