Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Off the Face of the Earth

No we didn't really fall off the face of the earth, but my world is definitely turned upside down. I have started so many posts, but haven't actually posted any for many various reasons. So I will try to briefly catch everyone up on us.

Basically I am now a single parent. Wayne travels all the time. He says it will calm down with time, but I don't count on that (mostly so I don't get my hopes up.) I am in no way complaining. I may not see Wayne during the week at all, but he's home every weekend, for which we are very grateful. We have many families here in the airforce and some of the women have husbands deployed for months at a time. I'll gratefully take what I can get.

Even with the travel Wayne is REALLY enjoying his job. He and his boss have become great friends. He's doing awesome work and is being praised for it. A nice change from his job in California.

Parker loves school and wishes there were no vacation days. He also loves reading and has found a few books here at home that he can now pick his way through. Like "Hop on Pop".

Aiden has discovered a love for bowling. Parker was invited to a bowling party and since we didn't know the people, we went and stayed at the bowling alley. We bowled three games and Aiden loved every minute of it. He now constantly talks about going back to the "bowling ball". We told him maybe for his birthday.

Brenner is as cute as ever, but is headed toward the terrible twos. He's more whiney and fussy than he used to be and he is the first of my children to learn the throw-down fits. He will collapse his body and lay on the floor crying. Still he likes to make us laugh with his expressions and is more willing to try and talk. He is still obsessed with his dad, which I have no complaints about. It means on the weekends I get a break, while he's all over his daddy.

I feel that I am adjusting well. It's been hard some weeks, but I am learning to look at the bigger picture; this is not going to last forever. I am also trying to see the good side of this time with just my boys and me. They aren't little long and it's special to have this time with them.

Our house and ward are great. We miss the beautiful California weather--today was a "warmer" day with a high of 32--but we are adjusting to that as well. I have become quite the proficient on snow shoveling. Wayne travels up to Minnesota a lot and he often comes home grateful for the warmth down here. :-)

We hope you are all happy, healthy, and well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.