I was sent to my room just before we did presents and returned to my find my presents waiting for me like this.
(those are two stuffed gloves--"hands"--holding a folded peice of paper)
Of course the paper was what I wanted to read first, and this is what it said:
I know your hands are awfully full
With me traveling all the time
So I got you an extra pair of them
I bought them from an old mime.
No seriously now, I wouldn't do that
I never was much for used stuff
You're a smart, pretty lady and I am quite certain
You've already call out my bluff.
So the hands that I speak of, curious are you?
Will be coming up our walk
Tomorrow, yes tomorrow
At precisely ten o'clock.
They belong to a lady named Tiffani Johnson
In her profession she's a queen
Her hands will be here to help you
Yes honey, she'll be here to clean
And if the price is oh so right
For bath-u-rooms and floors
You can keep her but not name her
But she will be all yours.
Once a month or maybe twice
She'll help make your burden light
Since you're left here all too often
As I go to catch a flight.
I hope this unique gift of hands
Will definitely be
Something to help make you smile
Even though they're not attached to me.
Is that not the greatest gift?!? So Monday morning I was able to sit back, relax, play with Aiden and Brenner, and my house was cleaned for me. It was such a great present. It not only made my birthday great, but the week following it as well. I have such a great husband!
8 comments:
Wow! Go Wayne! Lucky you. I'm always the one who hears about others who get the special treatment. Maybe someday! Happy Late Birthday!
Hurray! a post! First of all Happy Birthday! Second you look so good! Third way to go Wayne that is an awesome gift. We miss you but are glad to see an update. And just to inform you, she'll probably post it here soon but Melissa had her baby last night, a girl! Thought you would like to know.
Yeah for Wayne! Yeepee for you! Keep enjoying each moment, they DO pass WAY too quickly.....love ya!
Lucky you! I've never, in almost 40 yrs of marriage, had my house cleaned by someone else. Can't imagine! Kudos to Wayne for thinking of it and then acting on the thought.
The winter weather makes the spring glorious, just like having Wayne gone most of the week makes the weekend all that much more wonderful.
Marissa you look so good! Have you lost more weight? Your husband is awesome-that's a great gift. I'm glad you guys are doing good.-Melissa Gargalis
Marissa,
You look so cute! It sounds like you had an awesome birthday...you deserve it! I hope it starts warming up for you soon, I can't imagine trying to keep three active boys inside all winter :)
You look great Marissa! Happy late birthday!
What a SWEET guy!! You are SO LUCKY!!! I wish I had that!! ;) HAPPY Belated birthday to you!! Hope it was FUN!!
Post a Comment