Wednesday, November 14, 2007

No More Softball

Saturday was our last softball game here in California. Wayne started playing in the league last summer when we moved here. (At the time I was 6 months pregnant and couldn't participate.) He played in a mens competative team over the winter/spring time. Then he began managing our team starting this summer when I joined in. Our team's official name was the Paralyzing Pirates, but mostly we were just called the Pirates. Our team was mostly made up of people from our ward, including three couples with Wayne and I. Then this past season we knew we would be moving, so Wayne turned the management over to another guy on our team, and we were put on as subs. We came in second our first season and 3rd/4th (we didn't play for the official position) this past season



Wayne played first base.



I played second. (Not a good picture, but "00" is me.)


This is me waiting on first base.


Wayne catching a ball at first.

Our team--this past season. (Most of them anyway.)


It was tons of fun and we are going to miss it. We hear Nebraska has an adult kickball league. Guess we'll have to try that out next.

No comments: