Tuesday, October 23, 2007

No Fires Here

Just a quick note for those of you who have been watching the news and are wondering where we fit with the fires here in southern California. We've had three calls inquiring about our safety, so I thought I would let you all know.

We are safe from the fires. The closest fire to us is the Santiago Fire, in Orange County. It is about 20 miles away, but it is 30% contained and the winds are blowing it west--away from us. Driving down the freeway we can see the smoke from the fire down south of Temecula and I'm sure heading north we could see the smoke of the fires up there, but at home we don't see anything. This morning we could smell some smoke when we went outside, so that combined with two days of dust storms from the Santa Ana winds make the air yuck around here, but other than that we are unaffected.

Thank you for your thoughts and concerns. And again, we are fine.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Glad to hear your safe!! keep us posted as to how it is going!! That fire is moving all over and fast!! Is Wayne getting all his work done on the house?? I am glad he got to be home with you guys!! I sure wish we could see you again for Thanksgiving!! When do you move?? Love your cuz, Cindy