We stayed put this Thanksgiving. And good thing we didn't try to leave. We had a blizzard come in the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and the freeways close due to winds and drifting snow after Thanksgiving. I did think it seemed a little odd to have snow on the ground for Thanksgiving, but I do love the cold and being able to enjoy the warmth and smells of cooking on a snowy day.
Wayne did a lot of watching of football
and playing on his computer
And I spent a lot of time in this place
(notice how the flour is concentrated on the protruding belly) doing a lot of this
Thankfully I made it through with little swelling and was still able to enjoy my creations. Wayne did come help me in the kitchen once I got into the heavy cooking--that part I really enjoy about staying home.
Then we ate!
Wayne and I aren't big turkey fans so we have made it our family tradition to have fried chicken on Thanksgiving. We feasted on leftovers for the next three days. (1 long day of cooking for three days off--sounds like a good trade to me.)
I ventured out late(er) in the morning on Black Friday (around 6ish) to see if there were any deals left out there and came back pleasantly surprised with getting most everything I had hoped to get without the massive pushing and shoving. The two main toys I wanted were at Target and I got there just as they were setting more of them out. I think I might make this a Black Friday habit. We also took down the Thanksgiving decorations and broke out the Christmas music and decor. The boys were so excited they had to dance.Friday night Wayne and I pulled out the cards to play Hand & Foot and instantly fell back into the competative spirit of the game and have since played it about 5 times.
On Saturday, I took the boys out shopping to buy for each other. Wayne and I were also invited to do sealings at the temple on Saturday which was a wonderful way to top off a great weekend.
2 comments:
Marissa you are such an amazing mom and wife. Loved looking at your blog and your cute boys. Your home looks beautiful and you look so great. Can't wait to see that little baby!
Wow so great to catch up on things in your life. Glad you are liking Idaho, and congrats on #5! Hope all goes well and you have a wonderful Christmas
Post a Comment