Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost Made It

The whole Christmas season I have been on alert. I have tried to be extra diligent with watching Brenner, knowing that all our great decorations would be very tempting for him. We have had to glue back together a couple ornaments and a village skier multiple times, however, I have been quite pleased with the minimal issues.

The plan was to start taking everything down on New Year's Eve--this year I knew I needed to get things put back together before school was back in or I would be in trouble. We were just two days away from the finish line...just two!
We had all just finished playing a board game and I was sitting down to check email when I heard a HUGE crash right behind me. This is what I foundHe did it by taking the extension cord that EVERYTHING was plugged intoand headed down the hall with it. When I took these pictures I had already set things straight again. Thankfully nothing shattered, but everything was at least chipped. Some had chunks missing like this

And this used to be a whole familynotice the feet. Then once the dust cleared and things were either put away or thrown away, this is what was leftBIG gouges in the hardwood!! There are about 4 big ones and a lot of little scratches and dings. This one still has "snow" stuck in it.
Oh, Brenner.

1 comment:

SladeMomma said...

That is so sad. Guess it's a lesson in perspective, i.e. what is really important.